(This excerpt was originally published at http://www.business2community.com)
Most businesses dismiss the Boomers on Social Media. Think someone in their 60s isn’t sitting on Facebook or scrolling through pins? Think Again.
- 91% of Baby Boomers have some sort of Social Media account. Boomers are also known as the “silver surfers,” because they will seek out new platforms to use and navigate them to reach out to others. They favor Facebook and are quite vocal about what they want and how they want it. Boomers spend 27 hours a week on the internet (2 hours more than 16 to 34-year-olds.) Boomers are more likely to act based on something they see on Social Media.
- 36% of Boomers 65 years and older use Facebook.
- 75% of Boomers use Facebook daily.
- 58% are more likely to visit a company’s website after seeing them on Facebook.
- Boomers are most likely to complete a questionnaire or poll.
- 95% of Boomers prefer email over messenger (so send those email newsletters to these folks.)
- Use interactive content.
- Share content that is relevant and offers information they can use.
- Encourage newsletter sign-ups (and send an email newsletter.)
- Ask for their opinions, they are very opinionated and not afraid to share their views.
Read more at: